.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Coughing and Sneezing this Christmas

The cold weather’s giving me sickness. Even if there is El Niño occurring in the country (and it was forecasted to continue till August of next year, thus aggravating the problem of water supply in the Metro), it still feels cold. Strange enough for me. I was really expecting Christmas to be warm so that I wouldn’t have to wear thick layers of clothing and shiver and sneeze while trying to survive arctic-like climate. But for now, I have the coughs and the colds.

I don’t know how I got these sicknesses. I should be immune to them, by the way. My immune system is so strong that I could get infected by bird flu and live. No, that’s a joke. Anyway, I have no idea how the viruses came to effect in my body. Besides, I eat plenty of healthy foods, disinfect my body often (I hate seeing dirt on my skin), and run a lot. So that means my immune system should be strong enough to fight off most of the bad bacteria and viruses that are threatening to kill me off. To my dismay (and it’s a fact of life), I found out that there are viruses and germs that are able to pass and slip through the defense systems of the body and infect the system. To sum up, we will still catch diseases even with the resistance-building foods and supplements available in the market.

Oh, and Christmas is closer than I thought. Already I see Christmas decorations and lights in every other house in the blocks. As well as people who are coughing and sneezing amidst the air of Christmas around.

Happy Holidays, then.

No comments: