.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Damage Report: A Preview

Well, it has taken me days before I could be able to get to an electricity-powered computer. Milenyo (Xangsane) has left over a trail of destruction unforseen by Luzon within the last fifteen years. Probably this is the big thing that has hit the Philippines.

But it gets worse. Another storm is due to land next Sunday. Though there's no report that this could be much worse than Milenyo, all I could say is: nature is striking back... again!

Anyway, almost all of Luzon went power-off when the storm hit. And during the blackout in our house I was sweating buckets. Casualties of the storm: fifty or so. Financial damage: ho, maybe a million dollars or so.

I won't be able to write all about it until power goes back into my home.

And I'm using a computer at the mall's cafe...

No comments: